Week 1 - Observing Climate Change from Space
What is Earth observation? How do you observe the Earth with satellites? What is the added value of the view from space? This week aims to introduce you to the basic concepts of how Earth observation data is acquired from satellites, the underlying science that enables this and what it can help us to do.
- Course Introduction
- Topic 1a - What is Earth Observation?
- Topic 1b - The advantage of looking from space
- Topic 1c - How do you observe the Earth with satellites?
- Topic 1d - The importance of EO in climate policy and planning
- Topic 1e - Types of climate observation from space
- Topic 1f - Essential Climate Variables and Megatrends
- How EO data supports UN COP climate negotiations